Sunday, February 01, 2009

Wintry solo effort!


These shots are from my first attempt to ski from Mollendruz to Marchairuz and back; a 40km round trip journey. There were 'conditions' at play; wind, snow, cold, visibility, and no groomed trails. I made it about 3/4 of the way and turned back to play it safe. The last thing I needed was to have some malfunction and get stuck out there by myself. In the end I did see two snowshoers (who of course walked over and destroyed about 5km of my tracks) but that was it. I will say I enjoyed the experience, especially having the whole place to myself.

The following Saturday (January 31) I gave it a second shot. This time I had fog near Mollendruz but nice snow conditions and I had guessed correctly on the wax. I made good time and finished the loop in 5 hours, including a nice lunch snack in Marchairuz.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home