Sunday, October 12, 2008

Nice fall day

Sweet weather today and it looks like it will continue thru Wednesday. Yesterday I rode to Rolle and back, riding through the beautfiul Le Rosey campus where Brenna spent the day in an art portfolio class... Rode down with a french guy I ran into who just moved to Gex, near Divonne. He was very appreciative of my knowledge of the back roads!

Today Dedi and I did a short loop on our bikes. The air is cool but not cold and the tree leaves are brilliant shades of red and yellow. Lots of families out harvesting their grapes, most by hand, some with machines...And even better, our apple tree is in full production. I've never had such good apples. The flavor explodes in your mouth...sweet, crisp, fresh! And certified 'organic'..just have to watch out for the happy worms!

We also saw many people out today rustling through bushes, presumably gathering nuts. I'll have to see what this is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home