Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Gari from Ghana


Dedi's on holiday visiting her parents, it's been raining all week, the days are already too short, and with the daylight savings time in full swing, it's dark and cold too early. . All the more reason to try and brighten things up with some new cuisine!

I pulled out a sack of Gari flour I had picked up at an Asian market a few months ago, downloaded a recipe from Wikipedia and went to work. Gari (also spelled Garri) is made from the cassava root (yucca family). I topped it off with a hot mushroom soup.

Timing was perfect; dinner was served just as a wet Brenna came trudging in. When the girls gave me their 3rd round of 'this is sooooo good' I decided this brings this event up to a bloggable category. So here you are!

;-) Chef Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home