Thursday, July 31, 2008

Romainmotier


Had a great group ride on Tuesday night but got dropped on one of the climbs and unfortunately the group I was riding with decided to turn back. Foolish me made an attempt to catch the pack...

In the end I guessed wrong and ended up climbing through a pass (Marchairuz) and dropping into the Lac de Joux region. This was a beautiful area but a long way from home. I straddled the lake and the French border and worked my way around to Vallorbe as the sun set, passed Romainmotier and called Dedi. "Just don't want you to worry about me...it's dark, and I think I know about where I am, but I'm not sure!...Yes, I think I'm still in Switzerland..."

By now it was around 10:15 at night. Dedi found me on Google maps, gave me some coordinates and we agreed to meet in Cossonay about 15km from home...I made it there by 11:00 ish and we had a nice drive home!

With the fresh memories of this beautiful 'tour' on Friday (national holiday) we drove most of the route and visited Romainmotier...Here are some pictures of the church (oldest in Switzerland) and a shot from inside a beautiful little shop off the courtyard. The city dates back to the year 515 when an abbey was built on the spot..The weather turned cold and wet but all in all we had a great day!









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home