Saturday, March 17, 2007

Flaine Ski Day
















Mont Blanc up close!

Just got back from a full day of skiing in Flaine, France! It was a great time, shared with many of my work colleagues and most especially, lovely Diana! We enjoyed lots of skiing together though we did get separated for a few hours when we made the mistake of riding up a mile long spring loaded Poma lift. This consists of a cable pulled, suspended platter that you place between your legs and hope for the best as you get pulled up the slope. I have seen these on bunny lifts, but never on top of the mountain black diamond runs! About half way up, my ski caught an edge, and next thing I new the little platter sprung up and I sprung down! I though I was near the end of the lift and attempted to hike up the hill...but after 15 minutes of slipping sliding with skis and poles in hand, I realized I was nowhere near the end...So I skied down, waited in line and tried again...By the time I got up, Dedi was long gone! But we met again for lunch and from there to the end of the day, no more mishaps...

The views were spectacular. What an experience to see Mont Blanc up close after looking at it from afar on the few days/month when it is not hidden by clouds!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diana,
Is this what you imagined, sitting in Debbie's apartment in the Village???

Ava M.Stearns

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Mrs. Stearns;
I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I must say, it has been wonderful.
Diana

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home