Sunday, February 18, 2007

Wandering Ride

Another nice day today....The calm before the storm? Snow is in the forecast. Anyways, I took a nice leisurely ride to Aubonne to explore some of the back roads. It was quite pleasant to just ride around, letting my mind wander, keeping just enough wits about me to avoid running into cars, curves, and pedestrians!

Aubonne is best known here as the home of IKEA but is really a nice place to visit. As I rounded a corner after a short climb, I got a nice view of the fortified city.






From here, I dropped into a valley and climbed out riding along a 12th century stone wall. I then approached the famous "Château d'Aubonne" and rode up to check it out. Got some nice shots of this 12th century castle. ...










view from above...













and of course, a shot of my wheels...
The ride home was even more leisurely as I coasted along the lake...Got to see St-Prex, an old city close to our home. It has been inhabited for 7,000 years. Talk about good neighbors...loved the small bridge between two households...



































and of course a shot of a dock...with some color tinting added...
Once home, Dedi, the dogs, and I did a nice walk along the lake as Brenna jogged and Aubrey skateboarded....another day is history.
Cheers, Dave

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I didn't know you had a road bike!?!

8:21 PM  
Blogger DFisch said...

Oh yes!...I bought it in 2005 before moving out here. I'm putting on about 3,500km/year and 1,500km on the MTB, so both bikes are well used!

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sound like the most efficient and fun way to explore. Nice photos! We just had the Tour of CA blow through. Was fun to ride to the top of one of their biggest climbs to watch them grind up and over. -Don

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home