Saturday, July 19, 2008

Mon Oncle

A local vineyard held an 'air cinema' on Friday. It was like stepping back in time. The film, "Mon Oncle" (My Uncle) was charming but it was the setting that took the cake. The film was projected onto an outside wall from a 16mm projector mounted in a vintage VW van.

Wine and beer for the adults and ice cream for the kids were offered and the atmosphere was jovial. As I waited for the sun to set over the lake, I enjoyed the fresh air and beautiful views. Too bad I did not bring my camera! The people were friendly and I enjoyed many conversations prior to the film start.

The only downside was that I forgot to bring long pants! I did have a jacket but that was not enough as the night breeze set in. It was a chilly night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home