Saturday, June 09, 2007

No upgrade yet

Well the price for the apartment upgrade went up and in the end we all decided to stay put. A bit disappointing but it does free up the summer for us. The spring cleaning also helped squeeze out some more room in our little home.

Today we were hoping for a nice family ride and picnic but it looks like Aubrey is swamped with homework, and Brenna's at a sleep-over...When she gets home, I'd put money that she'll be need more sleep than riding..

Yesterday was a nice day for all of us. I went to a bike-swap sale in Lausanne and was able to sell a 2nd bike trailer I had bought a few months ago (not the Bob). It sold within minutes...I had hoped to use it for our dogs but the fit was a bit too tight. The good news is that I was able to sell it for what I paid for it new on sale, so no loss, just a bit more experience.

After the sale, I swung by a Spring fair at the girl's school and then met Dedi and the girls who were shopping in Lausanne. We enjoyed a nice Starbucks moment...just like being in the USA, just older buildings, surroundings, and of course, no AC.

I then came home and was getting ready to take the dogs for a walk/run when my neighbors offered to take me and the pups to a nearby wildlife park. So we all headed out and enjoyed the time. Tigger and Telly sure do love running free...Their dog though ran off at the end of the walk, and we ended up waiting about 30 minutes for him to come back...We talked a lot and I enjoyed sitting in the shade getting a good French and occasional Swiss German vocabulary infusion...

After a nice dinner, Dedi and I walked the dogs down to the lake...still light out at 10:00 pm,. We shared some wine, cheese and crackers and enjoyed watching the lights across the lake and then an unexpected firework display in Montreux. Nice!

;-) Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home