Thursday, May 03, 2007

Training for the Lac Leman tour

I've been working hard getting ready for Tour du Lac at the end of this month. It's a 180km loop which I think means at least 6 hours on the saddle. To get some more base miles in, last Sunday I visited a colleague of mine who lives in Tramelan. Tramelan is a small city in the Jura mountains in the Neuchatel canton . It was a long 146km ride...would have been shorter except I ended up going up the wrong mountain path...but I have no complaints...well actually, I could have done with out the 3 thunderstorms I rode thru or the head wind once I finally got thru the mountain pass....But I was happy that I was able to hold an 80% or so effort for 6 hours...

I took a train ride home from Bienne. This train is known for making passengers sick...an hour ride on a 'bullet' train that manages to stay on its undersized track by proactively leaning into the curves...It's a very un-natural feeling. Once I got my stomach back in place, I biked back from Lausanne and barely missed a spring hail storm... It was quite the sight...warm weather and the green grass now white with balls of hail...Sounds like a song...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home