Sunday, May 06, 2007

Lazy Sunday?



This morning, after sleeping in and then making a huge breakfast, Brenna and I took off on a nice back-country bike ride sharing some good conversation and fresh air. After running errands in a downpour yesterday this was a nice change!


In the afternoon I attempted to ride to Montreux but ran into the 5th stage of the Tour de Romandie. It was pretty neat to see the speed of these pros doing a time trial but it did make it hard for me to get around as I was delegated to riding the sidewalk. At one point as I was exiting the area and was allowed on the road, spectators were cheering me on as if I were one of the riders...kind of a Pee-Wee Herman moment if any of you saw the original movie.

I then rode with a Danish rider who rode on a club team for a couple of years. He was a very fast rider but thanks to the physics of drafting, I was able to hang in there. We did 50km with him leading about 80% of the way. I now feel like jello...
Dedi and I closed the evening with a stroll down to the lake we shared a nice bottle of wine, Gruyere cheese, and watched the sunset.
Cheers, Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home