Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Captain Kirk's Seat is Back


I remember these fancy toilets well from my Japan days but I will say that I am now a braver soul, more ready to try out and evaluate high tech appliances. Technology has clearly advanced since 1998 and I am very impressed with this captain seat! The seating surface is heated and you can adjust it to your comfort zone. You can also program the water temperature for the rinse functions and the water will flow for a few seconds (without hitting any targets) until the temperature is stabilized. In addition, it has separate male/female rinse options and I suspect that these both employ some sort of image or pattern recognition software. Hopefully these images are not stored in some global database as there is always concern over hackers and data security!
I tried both options (brave man no?). The male option hit with pinpoint accuracy. It also offered a rythmn option which I will only describe as 'interesting'. The 'female' choice aimed differently but seemed to have a hard time locking in on any target area. I suspect this may be related to limits in the pattern recognition algorithm. Only lesson learned was to hit the 'off' control before jumping up in search of safe refuge.

5 Comments:

Blogger DFisch said...

I failed to mention that this advanced piece of machinery was conveniently located in my hotel room.

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spent a bit of extra time in the bathroom have you????Dedi

2:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it has separate male/female rinse options and I suspect that these both employ some sort of image or pattern recognition software.

Relax, Dave it's just sonar. Watch out for the button that says "up periscope" though!


The 'female' choice aimed differently but seemed to have a hard time locking in on any target area.

This is assuming, of course, that a proper target is offered, right???

Glad you had a good trip!
grins, eric

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bet it gets pretty exciting if you bail out in mid rinse cycle. -Don

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That actually happened to Brenna or Aubrey when there were around 5 and we were in Tokyo. The bathroom mirrors were covered with water.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home