Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Missing Bike

Met the girls for Dinner in Lausanne yesterday and on the way back stopped by work to pick up my bike and zip home. To my surprise (horror) my bike was gone. It had been chained to a bike stand but all that was left was my helmet. What a way to end the 'honeymoon'. As many of you know, this bike has been a project of mine since 1998...it slowly transformed as I broke frames, parts, shocks etc. and replaced with upgrades...the last major upgrade being XTR gear & brakes I bought from hop-sing Luke. What really hurts is I spent the weekend cleaning and lubing the bike, replacing worn bushings etc...and got it into tiptop condition...but I guess that's history...at least that's what I was told when I filed my police report...interestingly, the guy in front of me at the station, was also reporting a stolen bike...his was taken from the same campus as mine...

...So long story short, now I'm back to walking and taking buses which after just 1 day is super depressing. I'll be replacing my bike with the ugliest, least likely to be stolen used commuter bike I can find and use that for the daily commutes. I'm keeping my eye posted on e-bay, hoping to find my Stumpjumper for sale..wouldn't that be something?!

tty'all l8er..
Flat -foot dave...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to hear of your lose. i too would feel personally violated. hope you are able to find an ugly, quality replacement real soon. bro don

9:57 PM  
Blogger DFisch said...

Thanks Bro...as Dedi says, it really knocked the wind out of me...I put so much time and $$ into that bike..it was part of me.

1:56 PM  
Blogger DFisch said...

Thanks Margaret...it's not looking good but I guess there's a lesson in this somewhere. My neighbor has lent me his son's old bike...it's actually quite perfect for my daily commutes. So back to the simple pleasures...(I do plan to replace my bike but need to make sure I can keep whatever I get safe!)

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home