Saturday, March 18, 2006

Snowy Dresden


Just got back from a 3 day business trip to Dresden. The flight out of Geneva was quite scenic with great views of the alps... Dresden however was suprisingly cold and snowy making the flights and driving a bit interesting. I discovered the hard way that the snow on the unplowed roads was deeper than my Opel Astra's road clearance...That led to my 3 passengers pushing the car out to safety while I steered in the warm comfort of the vehicle...I'm still catching abuse for that one.

The city has seen a lot of reconstruction since the unification and I found it to be beautiful...the Elbe river snakes throught the city giving it a Venice-like charm... Highlights included a wonderfully co-ed spa and great German food and drink!

1 Comments:

Blogger Peggy and Steve said...

Nice blog. I can replace my formally dreary idea of what Dresden must be like with a much nicer picture. Beautiful shot of the alps from the plane! Peggy

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home