Sunday, February 12, 2006

Clear Skies

February has been a month of low cloud cover. I find myself forgetting that I'm living in the Alps with beautiful mountains and lake views. Well finally we had a some clear skies! I quickly snapped some shots from our balcony. It sure makes me 'hungry' for Spring and Summer. We're hoping to cash in on some winter sports but have been playing round robin with some cold bug that's keeping us grounded. This time it's Aubrey fighting a fever and cough.

With these constraints, Brenna, Tigger, Telly and I settled on a bike ride along the lake to neighboring Morges. It's a 5km jaunt and the dogs really enjoyed the run. One exception was my attempt to ride up a shiny ramp in a lake side bike park with Tigger and Telly tethered to my waist...To my surprise, the ramp was covered with a transparent layer of ice, and Tigger and Telly went into a major tail spin.. I felt the the 80 pound tug and next thing I knew I was stalled, spinning out, and then sliding back down the ramp...we ended up in one big pile!

Once in Morges (check out the old sail boat), we found a cozy coffee shop where we all warmed up with hot beverages. Even the dogs were served a fresh bowl of water! We then strolled the pedestrian road which is a virtual marketplace every Saturday. We picked up some freshly baked pizza which hit the spot. On our 'ride' back Tigger, who is terrified of water, surprised us with a jump in the lake as she decided to check out a not so friendly swan... Tigger lost and was soon back on shore...had she had a tail, it would have been tucked under !

On the home front we're about 80% moved in and starting to think about doing some travelling...A quick trip to Italy is probably next on the list. I think we'll skip the olympics and hope for some sunshine on the Mediterranean.

Cheers!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful day out! Aubrey I'm at home with some bug myself, I hope you feel better.
Love to all, Ava

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

muy interesante
gggggg
?

3:12 PM  
Blogger DFisch said...

Thanks for the nice words Ava and you too, Mr. GGGGGG! It's great to know we are in your thoughts!

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home