Monday, March 06, 2006

Dedi's Great Culinary Adventure

OK, this is Dedi, I just need to add a bit about my adventure. One of the days we had ventured to Murano which is the island of glassblowers. We had ventured up and down many a canal, in and out glass blower exhibitions as well as one museum of glass. We were hungry and decided to take a chance with a recommendation of "It's OK."
While we were ordering, I was remembering the sumptuous pasta with mussels I had had the days before. The only seafood I could make out was Pasta Noir with Cuttlefish Ink. When I look at the Italian, I thought the ink was some latin term for how it was prepared. Also I had that nagging voice in the back of my mind, "What have I heard about cuttlefish?" Maybe it is a delicacy. Perhaps to some, but all I remember is my pasta had black sewer scum all over it . "Oh now I get it, the ink really means INK." And now three days after this frightful experience I google cuttle fish, and guess what, "It is not a fish."

3 Comments:

Blogger Peggy and Steve said...

All right, well it's really too early in the am for me to be commenting, but I'll take a chance. Was that squid, and doesn't it taste like other slimy seafoods- you know mussles and clams and all that other jazz? You can begin to sense here that I don't experiment much with seafood? Glad to read your posts DD, and hope to read more soon. I enjoy your descriptions! Hope you enjoy our new blog which your blog inspired us to start Peg
PS Do you automatically get this comment as an email, too?

5:48 AM  
Blogger DFisch said...

We don't get it automatically, just have to check on it.
the squid was kindof rubbery, I of course did not realize that it was squid so I just thought it was a tough, but I did not care for the taste either. I will go check your blog now.
Thanks for writing!

12:10 PM  
Blogger DFisch said...

Actually we do get an email alert!

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home