Sunday, November 27, 2005

Bike For Curly

I took a train ride into the big city (Geneva) today. It was frightfully cold with humid winds and a mix of rain and snow. When I get back to Colorado, I'm going to grab my heavier jackets! Until then, I ran in and out of cafes and museums to recapture warmth. One observation was that Starbucks has quite the niche going here. It's the only non-smoking building I've seen and what a nice break to enjoy a coffee and snack without all the second hand smoke...They do quite the business though and I hope it's only a matter of time before other establishments recognize that non-smoking could be good for their business....having said that though, it was interesting seeing all the Starbuck employees darting outside to get their nicotine fixes....

One of the museums I visited had a collection of old cars and bicycles. I found nice sturdy one that would be perfect for fellow sumo Curly, some nice lights for Tom (in case he wants an upgrade to the one he bought from me)











and the perfect solar powered car for the 'lil general. It's speedometer goes up to 110KM/hr!



Cheers, Sharkbait

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dave,

I heard it was your birthday! I hope you downed a few litres with some of your swiss buddies. Are you sure you weren't out shopping for a new bike yourself??!! Keep exploring so we can have a good tour guide when we come to visit!
Happy Birthday!

Bill M.

6:57 AM  
Blogger DFisch said...

Thanks Bill! It's great hearing from you ...I'll be back in town on Friday and hope to see you all at John's the following weekend!

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well done me boy!!!!!!!!
GGGGGG
Guess who?

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi all!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Glad you all arrived safe and sound. Please keep the pictures coming, we will live vicariously.

Love,
Barbara, Russ, Michael and Steven

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home