Saturday, November 19, 2005

What a Beautiful day!


..and just in time for the weekend too! Last night I closed the exterior blinds on my window which makes the room pitch black. Quite nice but also a bit of a shock when you open your door and experience the sudden flash of daylight.

After a week of hard work, breakfast was a bit of a problem...no coffee, milk, eggs, juice, or cereal..just some left over spaghetti...plenty of motivation to walk to the supermarket and stock up. I was up and out by 7:30 and took the scenic route as it was was so pleasant out. Cold but blue sky! I noticed that the supermaket had a small self-serve restaurant and knowing you shouln't shop hungry, I stopped in and fixed myself a glass of fresh juice, bread, fruit and a capuccino. It was quite nice despite the early morning cigarette smoke...also it was quite interesting to see professional looking men (ie. not alcoholic bum stereotypes) pull up to the bar and enjoy a cold draft beer...

With that motivation, along with my purchase of essential food groups, I also bought two bottles of wine (one French, one Spanish...to keep things balanced ...in my shopping bags) but not having adapted completely to the european ways, these were not purchased to accompany my breakfast eggs...


Today I hope to join the local gym and then I'm going to ride out to Morges and check out the music store. Should be fun!
Cheers- Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home