Monday, November 07, 2005

Zurich Trip

Here are some notes I jotted down on my way to Zurich...

Saturday was truly a beautiful fall day ! I got up around 8.30 vacuumed, made breakfast and rode my bike to work. I checked email, grabbed extra passport photos and rode along lake Geneve. lt was quite pretty and serene. Along the way l stopped at a pharmacy and picked up some dental floss which somehow had escaped during my packing frenzy. ..that was a simple $6.00 omission...

I then took a new route home hoping to avoid the huge hill that somehow keeps showing up between my apartment and the rest of Switzerland...no luck...this new route had both hills and mud and made quite a mess of me and my trusty bike...

l parked my bike in the velo (bike) room, went upstairs, and met my neighbor, an elderly woman, as she was leaving. Her words were (in French...) '....er....hello, you must be the new american ...you will be staying here only a few months, no?'

Not wanting to seem rude and imply l did not like the area, I replied, that I really liked the apartment and hoped to stay longer if possible. Her face turned pale when I said this....hmm

She left, and I entered my flat and took a much needed shower, ....packed for my trip to Zurich, and feeling pretty good, headed out to find a bus to Morges...
A 3km hike later, with a blistered left heel I finally found my bus and was soon in Morges....I went to the ticket office,showed my passport,

and put out $100 and a spare passport photo and purchased a 1 year pass which will allow me to travel for 1 year at half price....Not bad..
For today and tomorrow I can travel anywhere in Switzerland for $34 per day...quite a deal!
...so after a quick lunch and a coffee I'm now off to Zurich...Have just been joined by 3 german speaking students who have just taken my newspaper...so I'd better stop and rejoin my

environ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home