Sunday, December 30, 2007

Hi tech plunge

Dedi got me a Garmin GPS unit for my bike hoping perhaps that this will get me home sooner on some of my misguided rides. I gave it a try yesterday and though it kept me getting lost, must admit I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the high-tech features.


After the ride I was able to download the entire 47 mile route onto google earth (video mode) with every bump and turn captured. On top of this I've got a record of my cadence, heart rate, speed, incline, and altitude at every point. What to do with all the information?


Hopefully I can stay focused on the ride and let go of the temptation to go into analysis mode.


I did manage to take a nice shot along the way. Got a few penalty points for letting my heart rate drop to down to Zone 0 (whatever that means) , but what the heck, it was a beautiful sunny day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home