Saturday, December 15, 2007

Makin Lemonade


It's bee a rough few weeks and I needed a good ride. So I dressed up warmly and headed towards Montreux. Though the rain has subsided, the cold BISE (Northerly wind) is back.
And Montreux is to the North. So rather than fight the wind, I turned around and headed towards Geneva. This was a fun fast ride ...mostly a cross wind but towards the end I had nice 20km/hour tail wind. I tooled around Geneva a bit but soon started to feel the cold working through my slightly damp attire. Got a nice chicken Caesar salad at McDonald's for a meager 9.90 CHF (yes, Switzerland is expensive on the McDonald's scale) and then took the warm train back! Best part is that I was able to stuff my bike under the train seat and didn't have to pay to the bike transport fee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home