Saturday, November 24, 2007

Dave gets Duped

I thought it was going to be an ordinary Saturday, but now looking back at the events I realize that there were many inconsistencies in people's behaviour that should have tipped me off...

The first came from my friend and colleague Kent, who I was wanting to take to a neat restaurant in Lausanne..."Oh...well it doesn't have to be Saturday or this weekend ...we can do this some other time..." But I insist...Then Cheryl invites us over to her house for dinner...."Is it okay to invite Kent?" I ask..."No problem Dave..." So now I call Kent and invite him over to Cheryl's and apologize for having to reschedule...another "No problem Dave.." I suggest we meet at a train stop at 5:00pm which I now know was 15 minutes too early! ... Then Dedi keeps egging me to go out and ride my bike (when's the last time that happened?)...but don't be gone all day!" So I ride and I'm home by 3:00pm...we go shopping and around 4:30 I'm stressing out...saying I don't want to leave Kent hanging at the train stop lets go! Finally we leave but Dedi suggests we stop at home for something...then at 4:55 when I really want to go, Aubrey can't find her cell phone...and this is a girl who never carries her cell phone. So we leave without Aubrey, pick up Kent and then head back to get Aubrey....Now it's 5:15 and I'm mad about wasting gas and time etc....and give Aubrey a good lecture on organization and being prompt...Then Brenna calls and says she can't make dinner as she's going to see a movie...I let her know I'm disappointed...

We then arrive at Cheryl's...I'm a bit stressed but ready for a nice relaxing evening...I ring the door...I hear "come in" ...So I walk in...I see Brenna...what? I'm thinking...didn't she just call? Then in a flash, a big "SURPRISE" shout and there's a room full of friends and colleagues!

It was a great evening with great food and above all great company!



Sweet.


Here's a parting shot with the tricky hosts!
..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to You!! How does it feel to finally reach 34? I know Diana is glad she robbed the cradle!

Ava

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home