Monday, July 30, 2007

Day 2 - Friday

Day 2 decided to be a 'down' day and we let our guests sleep in! They all slept well but I must have picked up their jet lag as I was up at 4:00 am! Nice way to start my vacation day!

About mid-day, we decided to head out and visit the Chillon Castle. I rode my bike, the rest took the train. Only mishap was Aubrey and Brenna failing to guard the public restroom Barbara was using. Not sure who was scared more, Barbara or the poor unsuspecting woman who tried to walk in. She jumped back and slammed the door shut as Barbara screamed. Maybe it was the screaming, or the jolt of the closing door, but the event resulted in some foundation settling and next thing, Barbara was trapped inside! As Barbara pounded the door, Michael came to the rescue and managed to pry it open...Good precursor to a possible future civil engineer!



















Back to the castle...I had ridden to the castle many times, had heard it was nice, but never went in.
To keep with tradition, I rode to the castle and met the rest of the pack who arrived by bus, train, and foot,

It was quite impressive and big hit with all, especially the boys.

I will say the gallows made me feel ill but the grand rooms and views from the upper floors were spectacular. Talk about rooms with a view! When Becky and family come, this will be a must see visit.
The castle visit took a few hours to take in and by the time we left we were all a bit tired and hungry...We then headed in to Montreux and settled for some healthy and not too expensive McDonalds food. (I kid not when I say healthy....they really have improved their menu).


We had a bit of a scare as we headed out...Steven witnessed a small child get hit by a car as she ran across a cross walk. Girl seemed fine, just a bit scratched from the fall. Police and ambulance came, much like after Dedi's accident. The police took Steven's account down and will probably call him at some crazy hour to ask him more questions....

We all arrived home at a good hour, and enjoyed a make shift dinner and some Swiss wine before calling it a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home