Monday, July 16, 2007

Mount Shasta BCF Climb




It was a tough multi-day climb and mother nature made it difficult. Only 12 of the 36 climbers made it to the summit. Many were turned back by a boulder fall and the weather conditions and mountain conditions were difficult.

Becky beat her money raising goal of $14,162 (1$/foot) by raising $19,258.62, and she also scraped her way up to the summit. Go girl go!!!! And a heartfelt thank you to all of you generous souls who helped pave her way.




Click on the link below titled "Becky Pictures" to see pictures along the climb. If you get a page that look s like the one below, then click on the back button (by the hand pointer) to see the film strip. You should not have to download the snapfish software!


The link is only good thru August 15, 2007! (to get back to this blog hit the back button in your browser...)


"Becky Pictures




I haven't been able to get much out of Becky so far but here's what she's written to date:


"WOW!!!!!!

Gratitude, Honor and Wow are my 3 best words to describe this incredible week!! I met the most amazing people and was able to carry out an incredible mission to the top of that 14,162 ft mountain in horrendous weather conditions! I feel so fortunate! Only 12 out of 36 climbers were able to summit, mainly due to Mother Nature, and her way of making us realize how minute we really are. Please go to: www.breastcancerfund.org to follow the blog they created while we were there for a little more info.

I’m sure I will write more later, but the whole week is still a scramble in my brain waiting to be sorted out. I am now home safely. I am rather exhausted but elated."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home