Saturday, February 16, 2008

Change tab shortcut

I've always resisted menu driven navigation having spent some of my formative years playing with vi editors (where you could literally do anything without lifting your fingers off the keyboard) .

Like most of us, I use ctrl-x, ctrl-c, ctrl-v to cut, copy and paste. I go a bit beyond the norm using alt-tab to change windows...(hitting the tab key sequentially to step thru windows) or windows-m or windows-d to hide all open windows..windows-shift-m to bring them back

...but until today I was resigned to reaching for the mouse to change from one tab to another in tabbed browsers. Today I found out that ctrl-page up (or ctrl-page down) is the shortcut of choice if you use Firefox as a browser. Sweet! Haven't found an equivalent in IE...just one more reason to use Mozilla firefox!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What???? I know that was English, but some of us really old farts have no Earthly idea what you're talking about!!!

Hope all is well with you guys! And I miss my friend...Diana, an email update, please!!
Love, Ava

5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ava, I will write soon, but I appreciate your voice in expressing my horror when Dave published this blog. I told him he is over the top, King of the Geek Hill, and unfortunately the sole habitant.

I know there are other people worthy of a Geek title, but I believe they are hiding in their caves with illuminated green light reflecting off their faces, not wanting to claim any kinship to my beloved.
Dedi, alias Diana

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home