Sunday, September 03, 2006

Nice Day


Not a whole lot new this week....I'm getting back from a week in San Francisco and Austin..Had a nice visit with Chris and Ron in Austin and Don, Andrea and Amy in Pleasanton...also got in some nice bike rides.

Anyway this weekend has been more about relaxing than exploring... We spent most of Saturday looking for the ingredients to make our own power bars using a great recipe Andrea gave me...Got everything except corn syrup...this must be illegal or something because it is no where to be found...We improvised with some fruit syrup and honey but the results were more like a power powder than a power bar...We also ran out to Ikea which is a great antidote to relaxing...oh well.

Today we've had absoultely beautiful weather despite forecasts of rain and storms...I took a short bike ride along the lake and took a few shots..Quite spectacular! Also check out the latest sketch from Aubrey...

Now wer'e 'fixin' to meet our friends Doug and Cheryl for a nice dinner at the local Auberge...

1 Comments:

Blogger Peggy and Steve said...

Wow Aubrey! Nice drawing! You've portrayed such personality in your subject. I'm getting edginess and some beligerence coming out of him. I want to spend some time looking at him, wondering what his story is, and I would like him on my wall. Keep on inspiring me with your work. I love it, and I'm sure others do, too. I hope your Dad will put more drawings on the blog site! Dave and Diana, I'm looking into air fares, perhaps for Jan Feb timeframe. I would love to spend a week or so with you, and then travel to Munich to visit my friends there for a week. What do you think? Peggy

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home