Sunday, June 18, 2017

Waiting in Düsseldorf

Sunday June 18

Happy Father's Day!

I was pleasantly surprised by Air Berlin.  Good food and efficient service. Seating was tight but at least the guy next to me was both friendly and small.

Walking around with a backpack over my good shoulder has been unpleasant but I'm pleased that I survived the long flight with no real discomfort and no Ibuprofen.  Two glasses of red wine may have been what made it work.

So now I'm facing a 6 hour layover and doing my best to just relax.

Andrea, my sister-in-law who is one of the riders on the upcoming tour,is wanting to explore Düsseldorf and is also busy planning for a full day in Geneva on Monday.  I'm the wet rag though, letting her know that my plans are to just sit and wait and that I refuse to plan anything for Monday! I've encouraged her though to go and do her thing. My priority is to do everything possible to squeeze  in as much healing as possible before the riding starts.

Here's a shot of some interesting artwork in the concourse


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home